We inspect properties differently to inspect them better...
At QAC we understand that good property maintenance is an essential component to great property management.
We therefore ensure that both our in-house Maintenance Manager and Property Managers conduct property inspections and services. Two sets of eyes and experience are better than one.
- FREE inspection, one month following tenancy! Conducted by the Property Manager, we happily provide this service free of charge. It's about being thorough, and following up on new tenants to ensure all is well at the rental property.
- Set-up inspection. Both the Property Manager and Maintenance Manager conduct a set-up inspection where they complete a Property Condition Report (PCR) & Chattels List. The PCR details (+ photos) everything about the property, including what is present and its current condition. When tenants move in, they receive a copy of the PCR & Chattels List and have 10 days to comment or make changes to it.
- REGULAR inspections (every 3-4 months). Business as usual property inspections or services are carried out by the Maintenance Manager. He works closely with the relevant Property Manager to report and discuss findings. Owners are updated with comments and recommendations by their Property Manager; full report/s (+ photos) are emailed along with owner statements at the middle/end of each month.
- FINAL inspections (end of tenancy). Both the Property Manager and Maintenance Manager conduct a final property inspection at the end of a tenancy.
What happens at an inspection? Extras that only QAC rental properties enjoy:
- Preventative maintenance - on the spot! Small jobs are taken care of during an inspection e.g. tightening door handles, fixing cupboard doors.
- Building check - FREE! Because it's a qualified building specialist inspecting the property, the home also undergoes a thorough building check. e.g. 'hardware' checked such as windows, cornices, skirting boards, floorboards.
- Moisture reading - FREE! Moisture can cause problems and expense for Queenstown property owners, so close attention is paid to wet areas such as bathrooms and kitchens. A moisture reading may be taken - this service would normally retail for around $500, but for QAC rentals moisture readings are FREE.
Standard reporting: Tick! Standard checks covered off in all property inspections...
- Is the property clean and tidy?
- Is there any damage or evident mis-treatment?
- Are the right number of people residing, as per tenancy agreement?
- Notes and photographs taken
- Garden and external areas - being cared for as per tenancy agreement?